Content courtesy: DevNetJobsIndia
Sir Ratan Tata Trust and Navajbai Ratan Tata Trust (SRTT-NRTT) initiated the comprehensive livelihood focused ‘Sukhi Baliraja Initiative (SBI)’ to address and alleviate farmers’ distress. The initiative has a total outreach of 25,600 households across 320 villages of the 6 distress districts of Vidarbha and has achieved a fair amount of success in its first year of operations.
Concurrently, the Government of Maharashtra (GoM) initiated a bilateral project, namely, “Convergence of Agricultural Interventions in Maharashtra Program (CAIM)” with the support of the International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), to address the issue of agrarian distress in the Vidarbha region. The overall goal of CAIM is to contribute towards the development of resilient production, sustainable and diversified household incomes and on-farm/off-farm livelihoods, thereby enabling households to face production and market related risks without falling back into poverty and distress.
The innovative character of CAIM charts a definitive movement away from superficially alleviating farmer distress through government schemes to developing end-to-end projects focusing on production, technology transfer and farmer training, besides forward and backward linkages with the state and/or the private sector, thereby providing long-term sustainable solutions.
Position: Assistant Development Officer – (Sukhi Baliraja Initiative (SBI)/Convergence of Agricultural Interventions in Maharashtra (CAIM) – Agriculture)
S/he will be deputed full time under CAIM and will be placed at Amravati, Maharashtra. S/he will assist senior programme staff in developing and supporting the activities of Sustainable Agriculture under the Trusts’ SBI/CAIM programme.
The job will entail -
- Working with potential and current grantees
- Coordinating with Government Departments
- Coordinating with Producer Groups, farmers and other related institutions working towards Low External Inputs for Sustainable Agriculture (LEISA)
- Providing support to key projects
- Monitoring and providing technical support
- Appraisal, evaluation and analysis of project progress
- Managing a panel of programme specialists
- Documentation and reporting
- Possess a Master’s degree in Agriculture/Entomology/Agronomy/Plant Pathology/Soil Sciences
- Have an understanding of the various models of community institutions in use, particularly in India, and an interest in supporting community based approaches
- Have a minimum of two to three years experience of working in agriculture sector and LEISA (knowledge of IPM of Cotton/Soybean/Red Gram/Wheat/Green Gram will be preferred)
- Have the zeal to excel, the ability to innovate future strategies and deliver, in a challenging environment
- Be willing to undertake extensive travel to remote areas in Vidharbha
- Have a good command over spoken and written English, Marathi and Hindi
The Trusts provide an ideal atmosphere, conducive to maximizing output. The remuneration shall be commensurate with the applicants’ ability and experience.
Location: Amravati, Maharashtra
Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, along with a one page note on how they could strengthen the Trusts’ Rural Livelihoods & Communities portfolio and especially SBI/CAIM through Agriculture based support.
The application should reach the Trust by September 08, 2011. It should be in a sealed envelope marked “confidential” and “(TT/ ADO/ RLC-SBI/ CAIM/ Agriculture/09/2011)”, and addressed to the address given below.
Applications by e-mail should be sent to email@example.com.
Only short-listed applicants shall be acknowledged.
Sir Ratan Tata Trust,
24, Homi Mody Street,
Mumbai – 400 001