Toilets need a septic tank or a connection to a sewage network, enough water to clean and flush, and regular maintenance to ensure proper functioning--except if it's the '
Pro-dam lobby has long praised the small or micro hydropower projects, especially run-of-the-river units as least damaging. But both the developer/s of such projects and the government seem to have overlooked an important aspect: its impact on Kuhls, the traditional irrigation system of Himachal Pradesh.
Recent news indicates extensive reports on the threat and destruction unleashed by cyclone Jal in the three states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, with the states of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka being affected the most. Cyclone Jal has led to heavy rainfall in both these states leading to floods and a heavy death toll in the coastal districts of both the states, besides reports of destruction of agricultural produce in the state of Karnataka.
- Administration on high alert with the threat of cyclone Jal approaching the Andhra Pradesh coastline
- Cyclone 'Jal' claims lives in Andhra Pradesh
- Cyclone 'Jal' claims five lives in Andhra Pradesh
- Cyclone threat in Andhra, rains kill 20
- Andhra rains cause havoc, death toll rises to 25
- Rain claims 4 lives in Vizag, 2 in East Godavari
- Rain fury continues in Andhra Pradesh's coastal districts
- Heavy rains wreak havoc in coastal Andhra Pradesh