The document provides the details of the Environment Protection Act (1986) and includes:
- Information on the short title, extend and commencement of the Act
- Definitions of terms included in the Act
- General powers of the central government in implementing the Act
- Appointment of officers and their powers and functions
- Power of central government to give directions
- Rules to regulate environmental pollution
- Details of rules for prevention, control and abatement of environmental pollution
The second document is an order issued by the Ministry of Environment and Forests in exercising the Environment Act by conferring to the central government, the powers for appointment of the Water Quality Assessment Authority for a period of three years with effect from the date of publication of the notification.
The third document is an amendment of the notification by the Government of India in the Ministry of Environment and Forests that has classified Matheran in Maharashtra state and surrounding regions in the State of Maharashtra as an eco-sensitive zone and imposed restrictions on industries, operations, processes and other developmental activities in the said region.
Download the three documents: