The Springs Initiative is an informal association of implementing, knowledge and funding partners. Across the country, these organisations are working to improve management of springs and our shared understanding. From policy analysis, and social surveys to collection of flow data and research, the Springs Initiative is building a unique knowledge base and experience set on these vital resources.
The main goals of the Springs Initiative are:
- To develop a common programme for spring protection and drinking water security
- To leverage grassroots implementation of our partners for cross-learning, capacity-building & training
- To mainstream a scientific approach to groundwater
- To collect data and conduct research to better understand springshed systems
- To develop an advocacy framework and make springs a national policy focus
- To ultimately create scalable models for adoption of springshed protection