A new study by Toxics Link, 'Menace of Antibiotic Pollution in Indian Rivers' has found that rivers are now prone to pollution from antibiotic residues.
Pharmaceuticals, an increasing threat to aquatic ecosystems
The use of pharmaceuticals world wide is increasing and so is the pollution of river waters with pharmaceuticals! A pharmaceutical is any kind of drug used for medicinal purposes.
A detailed air emission inventory with a comprehensive list of pollutants within a pre-defined geographical area is beneficial for developing clean air action plans. It can also be used to test the effectiveness of pilot interventions towards air quality abatement.
Being the capital city, Delhi’s worsening air quality has not only concerned the residents but also attracted significant regional and global attention. Over the last several years, PM10 and PM2.5 concentrations in Delhi have remained well above the prescribed national standards.
The 2400 MW Koradi and 1340 MW Khaparkheda thermal power plants, both just outside Nagpur city, in Maharashtra have been important for the Maharashtra State Power Generation Company (MAHAGENCO) in meeting its goal of providing adequate power to the state.
As La Nina makes an appearance for the second time in a row and meteorologists expect an intense winter, North India can expect to see prolonged spells of pollution over the coming months.
Where is water on earth located?
Water on earth exists in two forms, freshwater and salt water. Less than 3 percent of the water found on earth is freshwater, and the remaining 97 percent is salt water found in the oceans.
India needs to develop and maintain a comprehensive inventory of baseline emissions to ascertain whether its policy and technological interventions are able to reduce air pollution, according to an independent
Two studies released on September 1, 2021, on the damage to human health due to increasing air pollution in India have revealed very worrying facts.
The serious health effects connected with the presence of uranium, a naturally occurring radioactive element in drinking water sources from different parts of the world and more recently in some parts of India (