1. In which country is Ramsar, the place where an international agreement was signed to protect wetlands?
a. Iraqb. Iranc. Brazild. Vietnam
2. Loktak lake is called the only floating lake in the world, because
a. It floats in a riverb. It has in it many floating masses of decaying vegetation, organic matter and soil that resemble islandsc. It floats at the mouth of a riverd. It is a recreation space where sailing is very popular
3. Which important wetland in Orissa has a number of islands in it, prominent among which are Krushnaprasad, Nalaban, Kalijai, Somolo, Honeymoon, Breakfast and Birds Island.
a. Chilikab. Ashtamudic. Bhitarkanikad. Keoladeo National Park
4. Which lake, currently under disputed territory between India and China is in the process of being identified under the Ramsar Convention as a wetland of international importance? Some scenes of the film - Three Idiots - was shot along the banks of this lake.
a. Pangong Tsob. Tso Moriric. Wulard. Surinsar-mansar lakes
5. Which lake in Andhra Pradesh is home to an estimated 20 million resident and migratory birds? It was notified as a wildlife sanctuary in November 1999 and a wetland of international importance under the Ramsar convention in November 2002.
a. Kollerub. Sasthamkottac. Renukad. Point Calimere
6. Once found in large numbers in the Keibul Lamjao national park on the banks of the Loktak Lake, this deer species is now on the endangered list. Name it.
a. Sambarb. Nilgaic. Chital or the Spotted deerd. Sangai or the Brow antlered deer
7. Bio-geographically, this Ramsar Site is a mix of salt swamps, mangroves, backwaters, mudflats, grasslands and Tropical Dry Evergreen Forest. It comprises of the Point Calimere Wildlife and Bird Sanctuary that is part of the Great Vedaryanam swamp. Which state is this wetland in?
a. Orissab. Andhra Pradeshc. Tamil Nadud. Kerala
8. The Kumarakom bird sanctuary is along the banks of which wetland system that spreads over Allapuzha, Kottayam, Ernakulam and Thrissur districts of Kerala?
a. Ashtamudib. sasthamkottac. Vembanad-kold. Harike
9. Also known as Maharana Pratap Sagar, this lake or reservoir was created in 1975 during the building of an earthfill dam on the Beas River in the wetland zone of the Siwalik hills in Himachal Pradesh. One of the finest man-made wetlands in North India, it has rich biodiversity and is also a water sports centre.
a. Pong Dam Lakeb. Rudrasagar lakec. Chandertald. Kanjli
10. This lake has been named after the legendary Parashurama’s mother. It looks like a sleeping lady and is located in Himachal Pradesh. What is its name?
a. Kanjlib. Renukac. Ropard. Chandertal
Ans: 1.(b) 2.(b) 3.(a) 4.(a) 5.(a) 6.(d) 7.(c) 8.(c) 9.(a) 10.(b)