Catch me when you can : A power point presentation that runs you through the 'Why' and 'How' of rainwater harvesting in schools.
Handy Manual: Not a do-it-yourself guide but to help you discuss this intelligently with the implementers
- Chapter 1 - Basics of rainwater harvesting
- Chapter 2 - Components of a rainwater harvesting system
- Chapter 3 – Catchment
- Chapter 4 - Gutters and Downtake Pipe
- Chapter 5 - Filters
- Chapter 6 - Storage tank
- Chapter 7 - Delivery systems
- Chapter 8 - Water quality and Precautions
- Chapter 9 - Maintenance of rainwater harvesting systems
Simple Calculator: An excel sheet to help you figure out how much water you can harvest for different tank capacities. Enter relevant details in all the fields that have been highlighted in yellow.
Click Here to Download
Advanced Calculator: A post implementation monitoring tool. Enter relevant details in all the fields that have been highlighted in yellow. Click Here to Download
Set an example. Join this list of schools that walk the talk.
The newsletter of the Grants Team at Arghyam captures learnings from our evaluation of model schools - 17 schools in which a network of NGO partners assisted in providing safe water by building on the Suvarna Jala Yojana and demonstrating best practices.
Click here to download.
- A film on "Good Water and Sanitation Practices" in a Government School, Bhimanahalli, Mysore. Click here to view
- A film on "Conversion of school campus into an environment friendly zone", project designed and implemented by TIDE and the project location is Kendriya Vidyalaya, Bangalore. Click here to view
- Cost effective urinals established for Musiri Boys High School by SCOPE, Trichy as part of the UNICEF-IIT Delhi project. Read More
- How much do we use? - A powerpoint presentation that tells you how to conduct a water audit in school
- Supply tracker - Print this document out and record your observations
- Consumption tracker - Print this document out and record your observations
- Supply calculator - This excel sheet will help you calculate water supply to your school
- Consumption calculator - This excel sheet will help you calculate water consumption your school
Add to your Library
A listing of reference books for teachers and story books for children of different age groups. Publishers and contact information are also provided so that you can purchase the books easily
A listing of films that the school should have in the library. Producers and their contact information are also provided so that you can purchase the films easily