1. Which archipelago is the smallest union territory of India comprising of 36 islands, only 10 of which are inhabited?
a. Lakshadweepb. Daman and Diuc. Andamand. Nicobar
2. Which is the world’s largest oceanic archipelago and considered to be one of the most significant World Heritage Site? Observations made on this set of volcanic islands had a great impact on Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection.
a. Maldivesb. Papua New Guineac. Galapagosd. Andaman and Nicobar
3. Which country comprises of around 1190 islands spread over 90000 square kilometers, making it the most dispersed country in the world? The islands are in reality the tops of a vast undersea submarine mountain range in the Indian Ocean and the Arabian Sea.
a. Sri Lankab. Maldivesc. Maltad. Madagascar
4. Madura, Bali and Flores are islands of which of the following countries?
a. Thailandb. Malaysiac. Indonesiad. The Philippines
5. Which is the largest island entirely in Indonesia?
a. Sumatrab. Javac. Kalimantand. Sulawesi
6. Which is the largest island of Japan?
a. Honshub. Kyushuc. Hokkaidod. Shikoku
7. On which island is Mt Etna, one of the most active volcanoes in the world located?
a. Sardiniab. Sicilyc. Creted. Cyprus
8. In which island in the Indian Ocean are Sinhala and Tamil the two official languages?
a. Maldivesb. Sri Lankac. Indonesiad. Fiji
9. Which country in the Caribbean is an exporter of sugar and tobacco? It was once one of the world’s most important producer and exporter of sugar but production of this commodity has decreased over the years.
a. Jamaicab. Cubac. Puerto Ricod. Bahamas
10. Tenerife and La Palma are 2 islands in which archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean?
a. Canary islandsb. Cape Verdec. Falklandsd. AzoresAns: 1. (a) 2. (c) 3. (b) 4. (c) 5. (a) 6. (a) 7. (b) 8. (b) 9. (b) 10. (a)