Content courtesy: DevNetJobsIndia
Welthungerhilfe provides help from one set of hands: from immediate emergency aid in the wake of a disaster to long-term projects carried out in cooperation with local partners. For Welthungerhilfe, overcoming hunger goes hand in hand with overcoming poverty. It supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the colour of their skin, their religious beliefs or their world view. But helping does not mean providing handouts. Effective aid means helping people find new ways to determine their own lives and future free of hunger and deprivation – it helps them help themselves.
Welthungerhilfe invites applications for Project Coordinator - Sustainable Agriculture & Livelihoods, Delhi/ Kolkata. The incumbent will assist in the development and monitoring of programmes with components related to sustainable agriculture, supply chains and market participation for smallholder farmers and will be specifically in charge of a BMZ co-funded three year project on Integrated Farming Systems. The project aims at increasing agricultural production in marginal locations by supporting smallholders on integrated farming systems, setting up community based institutions and addressing market access issues along the value chain for specific food crops. The position requires frequent traveling to project areas.
Location: Kolkata/ Delhi
Term: 3 years (fixed)
Reports to: Programme Manager
- Degree in agriculture, natural resource management, rural development, rural marketing and/ or related disciplines.
- Trained in sustainable agricultural practices.
- Minimum six years work experience in the development sector.
- Proven planning and management skills.
- Previous experience of managing donor supported projects will be an advantage.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Highly motivated and willing to travel extensively in remote areas.
Last date of application: December 31, 2011
Interested candidates should write to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc to email@example.com with their latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a short write-up on how they meet the position requirements.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
D- 10117 Berlin
phone: +49 (0) 228-2288-0
email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Website: www.welthungerhilfe.de / www.welthungerhilfe-southasia.org