About Arghyam and ForWater Platform
Arghyam is a registered public charitable foundation that has been working on safe and sustainable water for the last 13 years. It has 3 focus areas of intervention in water – groundwater, springs and water quality. All the 3 areas have built up momentum and created significant impact. But the need is to do much, much more- quicker, cheaper and better. We are looking to launch a Societal Platform for water. This new approach, disrupting the way we think about how social welfare organizations bring about change, at scale. The big thinkers, and the best minds are coming together to transform the way change can happen in social sector. This is the beginning of a transformational journey and you now have a chance to actively shape its evolution. Arghyam’s mission is to "Strengthen the ability of the ecosystem to enable water security for 100 million people by 2023".
The ForWater platform will be focused on developing solutions and infrastructure to enable the ecosystem players (Community members, Civil Society organizations, Government, Research organizations and Funders) to access knowledge, data and services. These tools will help them to focus on solving the water problem in their respective areas of work while leveraging the technology to perform their work more efficiently, effectively with higher visibility and accountability.
The users of the ForWater platform will be the community members who would like to understand and solve for the water issues, the CSO’s who work closely with the community members and the government to build capacities at various levels, the government which understands the imminent water crisis and is funding infrastructure projects, the academia for research and the Funders who are playing a critical role in gap funding the needs of the ecosystem.
About the Position
Arghyam is looking for a passionate, hands on Engineering Manager to help the Water ecosystem to solve for the water crisis facing all of us. He / She bridges the technical and water worlds and create products for the end user and will have to work closely with a cross section of teams such as water experts, legal, design, and others. Key skill of the Engineering manager is to function in an action-oriented environment and the ability to break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at speed. A Engineering Manager at Arghyam, is driven by the passion to make a difference and fulfil the societal mission that is inspired by the committed ecosystem working towards solving for the water crisis in the country.
Role of Engineering Manager at Arghyam
- Owns and is accountable for all releases.
- Process oriented and ensure quality of the release.
- Liaison with the Product Manager, Architects, Design Council and Tech Managers / Leads (across teams and products) for planning of features and tracking quality of build
- Work with Technology partners to ensure quality timely releases.
- Design, architect and build of digital infrastructure and solutions.
- Build efficient processes to ensure releases are tracked.
- Identify, Manage and communicate Risk's.
- Weekly showcase and status reporting.
- Release schedule for all products, modules in a release.
- Identify the crises dependencies across products and plan for the release .
- Schedule retrospectives and plan for the releases.
- Review deliverables for Design Reviews, Code Reviews completion.
- Solid foundation in software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Comfort in working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- Understand the needs of the ecosystem and define engineering requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
Minimum 5 years engineering management experience. Ability and openness to quickly learn the needs of the water ecosystem.
Strong understanding of large scale distributed architectures, design patterns, application development processes and practices.
Should have understanding of transactional databases, and of multiple types of NoSQL databases like Cassandra, Elastic Search, Neo4j, and others.
Experience in the development of Cloud native systems.
Ability to work with outsourced Technology Partners.
Communicate effectively with ecosystem partners and other stakeholders.
Managing projects under tight deadlines and involvement of cross-functional stakeholders.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Attention to detail and ability to work with user interface; designers and usability experts to deliver highly usable and differentiated experiences.
Preferably to have experience in dealing with Agile Software Development teams.
BE / ME in Computer Science / Information Technology.
- Participate to build products for meaningful social impact at scale.
- Freedom and flexibility to participate in solution building process.
- Enabling working environment.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience and abilities.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2019
To apply for this post, please e-mail your updated resume to: email@example.com with a mandatory subject line “Application for the post of Engineering Manager”.