Plan India is a part of Plan International, one of the world's largest child centred community development organisations. The basis of Plan’s work lies in its commitment to the principle of equality and rights, developing the capacity of civil society to enable them to meet their needs and replicating successful models that have worked.
Plan is looking to recruit motivated development practitioners to share Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies, which respect people’s rights and dignity.
Reports To: Program Manager / Program coordinator (Bhubaneshwar)
Level of Contact with Children: 2 - Sporadic or occasional contact with children
Duration of the Project: 10 months
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall tracking and management School WES activities in Orissa and Uttarakhand.
- To support school communities to improve their own WASH facilities and hygiene behaviours and resulted in child-friendly toilets being rehabilitated or retro-fitted into 75 schools in Orissa and Uttarakhand.
- Ensuring that the sanitation and water infrastructure is expanded and better sustained in target-area schools. By both expanding the stock of child-friendly, universally accessible WASH infrastructure, and facilitating better maintenance of facilities.
- Timely reporting and documenting progress reports for internal and external circulation
- Manages donor on Grant related issues on monthly basis through skype,
- Managing the overall budget and generating the reports required under Grant agreement document.
- Responsible for national, state and district level stake holders meeting, ensuring that the meeting are happening as per schedule and budget allotted
- Support PUs in preparing block school WES action plan
- Support PUs in implementation of School water and sanitation infrastructure in 75 schools
- Support WASH outcomes in 528 schools and encourage children to both attend and achieve at school—particularly girls—and also improve the health of students and teachers.
- Coordinating with Research and evaluation team
- Coordinating with ANO, Programme team and partners to get regular update of work progress and communicating the above to the donors on monthly basis.
- Helping grant team in preparing the monthly reports for submitting to the donors
- A university degree in social sciences, development or relevant equivalent.
- Knowledge in School water and sanitation programme
- Knowledge in government policy in water and sanitation sector
- Knowledge in child friendly water and sanitation issues
- Knowledge in gender issue in water and sanitation sector
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Strong financial management skills applied in a grants environment
- Good systems and reporting skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Effective at leading and controlling meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communications
Travel requirements: Frequent travelling across project districts
Compensation and Employment:
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
How to Apply?
Please send us your updated resume (Word Format only) along with a suitability note for the position of “Project Manager” at email@example.com. Please mention the post applied for in the subject. Last date for receiving applications is 12th September 2010.
For more information, please visit our website www.planindia.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.