Tetra Tech ARD is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Finance Specialists as described below to join the WASH-FIN consulting pool for possible short-term and long-term positions for the implementation of an anticipated WASH-FIN Activity in India.
WASH-FIN is a five-year program financed by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) implemented as a task order under the Making Cities Work Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract. Its primary objectives are to close financing gaps to achieve universal access to water and sanitation and to increase the potential to reach additional beneficiaries at scale in priority countries.
WASH-FIN is working to achieve these objectives by: (i) applying methods for tracking public investment in water and sanitation to assess progress, (ii) prioritize future investments and improve sector performance; (iii) providing technical assistance to facilitate mobilization of public and private finance to enhance water and sanitation service delivery, with an emphasis on urban and peri-urban areas and climate resilience; and (iv) facilitating the replication of successes by both USAID and sector stakeholders through the development and dissemination of practical applications and lessons learned.
WASH-FIN recently conducted a scoping mission to India to meet with sector stakeholders and explore India as a potential WASH-FIN expansion country. Several prospective opportunities were identified which may require short-term and long-term specialists with the following qualifications and skills.
* Master’s degree in Banking, Finance, Economics, Law, Engineering, Development Management or other relevant WASH, Infrastructure, or finance related degree (undergraduate degree with 15 years of relevant experience will also be considered).
* At least 10 years of experience in urban service delivery or reforms with an emphasis on water supply and sanitation infrastructure financing.
* At least five years of direct experience on technical teams completing WASH or finance/capital markets sectoral assignments on behalf of development partners in India.
* Deep understanding of Indian sub-national urban infrastructure finance policy and institutional environment.
* Working relationships with municipalities and government agencies including civil society.
* Exposure to non-networked public and private infrastructure development, operation, service delivery, reforms, and/or financing schemes.
* Experience in capital investment and financial planning for private or public organizations.
* Experience in working in a donor-funded environment.
* Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
* Excellent command of written and spoken English is required.
* Indian nationals are highly recommended to apply
* Technically competent, independent and collaborative; strong analytical, writing, communications and presentation skills.
* Excellent Infrastructure Development of Finance Project/Program Management skills.
* Financial modelling and analytics for public and private sector investment planning.
* Transaction advisory including structuring of municipal, project, or corporate finance debt, bond or equity transactions using blended approaches and layered credit enhancements.
* Training and capacity building skills.
* Leadership and team building skills.
* Excellent advocacy and communications skills.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter (Include current salary and/or daily rate, and salary expectations)
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is April 9, 2018.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.