Content courtesy: DevNetJobsIndia
In Chhattisgarh, the nodal agency for the water and sanitation sector reforms is Public Health Engineering Department (PHED). PHED is gradually taking a shift in its role from an implementer to a facilitator hence the communities and PRIs will have to play a critical role in development, operation and maintenance of water and sanitation facilities. The Anganwadis centers are the basic unit of Department of Women and Child Development which provide six services namely supplementary nutrition, immunization, health check-up, referral services, pre-school non-formal education and nutrition & health education. Anganwadis are responsible for providing the hot cooked meal as supplementary nutrition to children of age –groups 3-6 yrs along with non-formal pre-school education. In view of the critical services provided through Anganwadi Centers provision of permanent water supply and sanitation facilities is a must for quality delivery of services. In Chattisgarh there are about 30,000 Anganwadis out of which only 10109 have water and sanitation facilities. There is a need for urgent focus on provision of child friendly water and sanitation facilities in Anganwadis. This will require substantial capacity building efforts among various stakeholders at all levels.
Enable the Anganwadis in Chattisgarh to have functional water supply and sanitation facilities through technical support to Public Health and Engineering Department in coordination the Department of Women and Child Development.
State Coordinator, (Anganwadi Sanitation, Hygiene Education) Communication and Capacity Development Unit, Department of Public Health and Engineering, Government of Chhattisgarh
Duration: Eight months
Expected starting date: April 16, 2012
Qualification and Experience:
- S/he should have at least 5 years of experience in Development sector with participatory approaches, training material development out of which at least 3 years of work exclusively on rural water supply and sanitation,.
- S/he should have a Post Graduate degree in Public Health, environmental sciences, development and engineering in civil or any other related field.
- Should possess experience of working closely with the Government Departments.
- Pevoius experience of working with WASH sector flagship programs like TSC/SSHE/CLTS or NRDWP
- Should be well versed in the water and sanitation policy reforms
- A good knowledge of the prevailing rules and regulations of the Panchayati Raj Act, Government of Chattisgarh
- Must possess excellent communication skills in Hindi and English
- Good computer skills at east of MS-Office application software (MS Word, Excel, power point)
- Willingness to travel within the State/elsewhere in India as and when required.
Professional fees approximately Rs. 40,000/- (Rupees forty thousand only) per month
Applications should be sent to the email address below. The title of the vacancy applied for should be clearly indicated on the subject line. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Last date to apply: March 12, 2012
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference: DevNetJobsIndia.org)