About Arghyam and ForWater Platform
Arghyam is a registered public charitable foundation that has been working on safe and sustainable water for the last 13 years. It has three focus areas of intervention in water – groundwater, springs and water quality. All the three areas have built up momentum and created significant impact. But the need is to do much, much more - quicker, cheaper and better.
Arghyam’s mission is to "Strengthen the ability of the ecosystem to enable water security for 100 million people by 2023" and towards this, we are looking to launch a Societal Platform for water. This new approach, is disrupting the way we think about how social welfare organizations bring about change, at scale. This is the beginning of a transformational journey and now you have a chance to actively shape its evolution.
The ForWater platform will be focused on developing the digital tools and infrastructure to enable the ecosystem players (community members, Civil Society Organizations, government, research organizations and funders) to access knowledge, data and services. These tools will help them to focus on solving the water problem in their respective areas of work while leveraging technology to perform their work more efficiently and effectively with higher visibility and accountability.
The users of the ForWater platform will be community members who would like to understand and solve for the water issues, the CSO’s who work closely with the community members, funders who are playing a critical role in gap funding the needs of the ecosystem, government and academia.
About the Position
Arghyam is looking for a passionate, hands on Operations Officer to work with various actors in the water ecosystem and help solve for the water crisis facing all of us. He/she will have to work closely with a cross section of actors such as water experts, legal, design, and others.
The Operations team at Arghyam would be responsible for working with the ecosystem to understand their needs, and work closely with the other team and partners and help them in rolling out solutions as well as getting relevant inputs. The team is expected to have depth of knowledge of specified thematic areas, which includes knowledge of applicable processes, methodologies, standards, products and frameworks.
Role of Officer - Operations at Arghyam
- Will be overall responsible for partner interactions and ensuring the success of the partner in meeting their program objectives.
- Formalise contextual agreements with a range of partners and co-develop plans for roll out of various solutions with them.
- Understand partner needs and train & handhold partners for platform adoption.
- Help to resolve the issues that partners face in adoption and use of the platform
- Enable the partners manage and monitor operations and develop metrics for measurement.
- Understand the analytics (dashboards) and help the partners to get some key insights.
- Track and analyse actual platform usage and provide feedback and inputs for enhancing platform capabilities based on the partner engagement and the roll out experience.
- Interface with Solutions team (team that ideates on various digital solutions) to -
- a.Communicate partner/community needs to the Solutions teams so that appropriate solutions get designed
b.understand platform capability/ features/ operations
- Identify vendors for different services, formalise agreements/contract with vendors and ensure the quality, timelines and budgets are met for deliverables.
- Develop systems and processes to onboard partners with a seamless experience Train and handhold partners for platform adoption, prepare manuals and kits for this.
- Carryout M&E processes to assess the progress.
- Documentation of learning, processes and feeding into advocacy .
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree or equivalent in management or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in operations domain
- Understanding of water sector, government systems, CSOs
- Ability to imagine tech solutions for the development sector
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to engage with a cross-section of people
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel extensively in remote areas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What you’ll love about us:
- Enabling work culture
- Freedom and flexibility to participate in building solutions for complex social problems
- Opportunity to work towards creating meaning social impact at scale
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience and abilities.
Last date of application: 31st May 2019
To apply for this post, please e-mail your updated resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the mandatory subject line “Application for the post of Officer - Operations”.