Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” In 12 years, we have reached over 430,000 children across 8 countries around the world. In 2019, we are embarking on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. This project will benefit one million children by 2023.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People - People first. People second. People third.
- Quality - Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty - No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy - Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes - Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash India is seeking someone with the attention to detail and commitment to precision to help us track and record activities related to our WASH program. This role will be responsible for the content of Splash’s Salesforce database. The Program Data Officer will work closely with all teams to ensure program activities are entered accurately, on time, and are accessible for reporting. This role will perform quality control and data hygiene tasks and will coordinate documentation, training and follow-up with team members involved in conducting, supervising, and recording activities. The Program Data Officer will be responsible for internal implementation data reporting needs across departments. The Program Data Officer will be based in Kolkata and work under the supervision of the Global Program Data Coordinator based in Seattle, USA with support from the India M&E Specialist.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Conduct quality assurance, review and data validation of program-related content in Salesforce database
2. Create, translate and maintain data entry process and instruction documents in collaboration with program team members
3. Train team members to record information according to specific operational definitions and conduct refreshers related to system changes
4. Support team members to conduct accurate, timely data entry
5. Communicate variations and/or gaps in data clearly and concisely, flag issues for follow-up and coordinate resolution
6. Create report and tracking tools for internal use across departments
7. Maintain data integrity and uphold protocols to reduce bias and preserve objectivity
8. Assist in other data collection efforts/initiatives as time allows
9. Perform other tasks as needed in support of organizational programmatic goals
Splash is seeking qualified candidates with demonstrated excellence and four to five years of professional experience, non-profit or NGO preferred. Educational background at the BSc level in a relevant field is preferred. Sound computer skills are required, including proficiency in database management. Ability to work and live in Kolkata is required.
This person will apply their skills and experience to ensure the accuracy of data collection and entry related to Splash program implementation. Excellent communication and coordination skills will be required to engage and implement this work in a dynamic environment. Although previous experience in water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) is not mandatory, prior sector knowledge and/or experience with NGO data is appreciated.
· You have proven experience with work requiring a high level of attention to detail, ability to follow detailed instructions exactly, and a personal drive for extremely high quality of work and commitment to precision
· You possess a natural curiosity that pushes you to ask questions, think through problems, and create process-based solutions
· You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness and sound judgment
· You are an excellent communicator, with the ability to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of constituents
· You enjoy working independently and consistently demonstrate self-starting initiative
· You are part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and interaction both in and out of the office
· You are innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to accomplish objectives
· You demonstrate excellent organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment
· You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve
· You are driven to help create a better world – never by your own ego
Additional Requirements: Professional English fluency, Technical aptitude including software proficiency with Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel required), relational database platforms (Salesforce preferred), and data visualization (Tableau preferred)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience