Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” In 12 years, we have reached over 430,000 children across 8 countries around the world. In 2019, we are embarking on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. This project will benefit one million children by 2023.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People - People first. People second. People third.
- Quality - Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty - No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy - Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes - Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash India is seeking someone with the experience to help us measure the progress and outcomes of our Kolkata WASH in Schools program. As the M&E Coordinator you will conduct data collection as well as supervise a small team of enumerators to conduct data collection. You will be responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, and quality of data collected in a way that reflects our commitment to data quality, integrity, transparency, and continuous learning. The M&E Coordinator will be based in Kolkata and work under the supervision of the India M&E Specialist with technical support from the Splash Global M&E Manager based in Seattle, USA.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Supervise a small team of M&E Assistants
2. Plan and organize logistics of M&E data collection including scheduling, transportation, and activities according to expected timeframes
3. Conduct qualitative and quantitative data collection (surveys, observations, interviews, focus groups, etc.) at key times throughout program implementation cycle
4. Ensure data collection accuracy, quality of entry, compliance with protocols, and timely reporting
5. Perform regular, timely, and precise data entry in multiple tools/formats including mobile surveys, online database and computer spreadsheets
6. Assist in the documentation of methodology, protocols and M&E standards
7. Record and communicate interactions and observations at sites and with site staff with relevant team members for appropriate follow-up
8. Maintain professional objectivity and uphold protocols to reduce bias and preserve subject dignity and safety
Splash is seeking qualified candidates with demonstrated excellence and three to four years of professional experience, non-profit or NGO preferred. Experience coordinating teams and providing supervision is required. Educational background at the BSc level in a relevant field is required. Sound computer skills are required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, online project management platforms, and file sharing software. Ability to work and live in Kolkata is required.
This person will apply their skills and experience to ensure the accuracy of data collection and entry related to Splash program implementation. Excellent communication and coordination skills will be required to engage and implement this work in a dynamic environment. Although previous experience in water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) is not mandatory, prior sector knowledge and/or experience with NGO data is appreciated.
- You have proven experience with work requiring a high level of attention to detail, ability to follow detailed instructions exactly, and a personal drive for extremely high quality of work and commitment to precision
- You are willing to spend extended amounts of time ‘in the field’ outside regular office environment, and have a flexible attitude
- You possess a natural curiosity that pushes you to ask difficult questions, think through problems, and seek to know the “why” of things
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness and sound judgment
- You are an excellent communicator, with the ability to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and externals constituents
- You enjoy working independently and consistently demonstrate self-starting initiative
- You are part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and interaction both in and out of the office
- You are innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to accomplish objectives
- You demonstrate excellent organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment
- You think critically and put a high value on offering and receiving constructive feedback and criticism
- You are driven to help create a better world – never by your own ego
Additional Requirements: Professional English fluency, Proficiency in relevant software including Microsoft Office (Excel required), online project management systems (Asana or other), relational database platforms (Salesforce or other), and file sharing systems (Dropbox or other)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience