The U.S. Consulate General Chennai in collaboration with Care Earth Trust is calling for applications by emerging researchers, academics, and innovators who wish to engage and collaborate with senior experts to address policy, technical, or management/infrastructure issues in the water sector.
The Water Management Professional Fellowship program is part of a collaborative project, “Water Matters” that explores the centrality of water as an environmental necessity and economic catalyst. The Fellowship will serve to highlight innovative solutions to water management issues in South India.
Starting in 2019, the Fellowship is a six-month program with 30 hours per month of flexible working hours. Fellows will gain exposure to real-world challenges in the water management sector, and will undertake experiential research projects in collaboration with experts and professionals in the field. Successful demonstrable projects may be showcased in an interactive exhibit in Chennai and Bengaluru at the end of the Fellowship.
To be eligible to apply, a prospective Fellow must:
- Be an Indian citizen enrolled in or who has recently completed an educational program (graduate, postgraduate, doctoral,or research) at a recognized university in India.
- Meet all expenses for travel and subsistence related to the Fellowship through financial support from educational institutions, government institutions, scholarships, or personal resources.
Interested individuals should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should include the following:
- Cover letter explaining the applicant’s motivation and interest in applying for this Fellowship.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) that includes demonstrated evidence of past or ongoing scientific or technological research, experiments, or projects (including but not limited to published articles, research papers,media coverage,relevant images, etc.).
- A copy of the last degree/provisional degree obtained with transcript/marksheet.
EXTENDED DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 15, 2019
The U. S. Consulate General in Chennai supports initiatives that utilize different mediums to inspire, educate,engage,and empower individuals and institutions to address shared challenges.
Care Earth Trust is an award-winning, Chennai-based, technical, non-governmental organization with nearly two decades of work on the “water agenda” including wetland management planning, ecological wetland restoration, riparian studies,and urban water management.
Dr. Avantika Bhaskar, Manager (R&D), Care Earth Trust, Chennai | Email: email@example.com | Phone: +91-72004 35841
This Fellowship will offer selected candidates an experience to partner with academic, institutional, and policy experts and collaboratively solve issues related to policy, management, and infrastructure in water management. Care Earth Trust or the U.S. Consulate General Chennai offers no remuneration or any other financial support to meet expenses including but not limited to travel, subsistence, or health/accident insurance.