Arghyam is a registered public charitable foundation that has been working on safe and sustainable water for the last 15 years. It has 3 focus areas of intervention in water – groundwater, springs and water quality. All the 3 areas have built up momentum and created significant impact. But the need is to do much, much more- quicker, cheaper and better. This new approach, disrupting the way we think about how social welfare organizations bring about change, at scale. The big thinkers, and the best minds are coming together to transform the way change can happen in social sector. This is the beginning of a transformational journey and you now have a chance to actively shape its evolution. Arghyam’s mission is to "Strengthen the ability of the ecosystem to enable water security for 100 million people by 2023".
This will be a collaborative effort and is the foundation for our evolving ForWater societal platform approach which will be focused on developing digital tools and infrastructure to enable the ecosystem players (Community members, Civil Society organizations, Government, Research organizations and Funders) to access knowledge, data and services. These tools will help them focus on solving the water problem locally while leveraging the technology to perform their work more efficiently, effectively with higher visibility and accountability.
The beneficiaries of the ForWater societal platform solutions will be the community members who would like to understand and solve for the water issues, the CSO’s who work closely with the community members to build capacities at various levels, the government which understands the imminent water crisis and is endorsing large community focussed water programs, the academia for research and the Funders who are playing a critical role in gap funding the needs of the ecosystem.
About the Position
Arghyam is looking for a motivated, passionate and hands on leader to work with actors in the water ecosystem to enable the scale of solutions to solve water crisis in India. She / he will have to work closely with a cross section of actors such as civil society members, experts, governments, donors, design thinkers and others.
Specifically, the leader is responsible for engaging with the adopters of the societal platform thinking within the sector to solve water issues at scale, build strong partnerships for co-creating solutions and influence impact on sustainable water security at scale.
Role of Mission Leader- Partner Engagements at Arghyam
- Manage the portfolio of engagements -ensure cohesion between program teams, build productivity and morale
- Construct and execute appropriate contracts and MoU’s with partners
- Ensure that programs are consistent with stakeholders’ priorities, are technically sound and evidence-based
- Ensure regular check ins with internal and external teams so that conflicts can be resolved and partnerships can be strengthened.
- Understand the context of the stakeholders in a broader perspective including changes outside the operational area of the program for any possible impact to the program
- Identify and connect appropriate advisory services to fill gaps in programs as needed
- Provide coaching, guidance, direction and leadership to the programs
- Identify risks and deploy strategies to mitigate and manage them so as to minimise negative impact on program goals.
- Bring design innovation to help interventions @scale
- Have a deep understanding of the capability and features of the digital services deployed
- Proactively understand partner needs & nudge adoption of the digital services
- Act as a bridge between partner/ community needs and product teams- ability to do small POC’s for innovation
- Track/ analyse actual platform usage and suggest ways of enhancing societal platform capabilities
- Communicate clearly, openly and regularly the strategy, progress and risks of the engagements to stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Aptitude and appreciation for technology and its applications to accelerate scale
- Performance and output measuring and reporting
- Enabling partners to imagine & design for scale
- Strong communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Skills for organising events, trainings etc
- Understanding of the water sector, government systems, CSOs will be a bonus
- Willingness to travel extensively to remote areas
- Master’s degree or equivalent in management or related
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing projects
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience and abilities.
Last Date of Application: 7th September 2020
To apply for this post, please e-mail your updated resume to: email@example.com with a mandatory subject line “Application for the post of Mission Leader- Partner Engagements”.