Arghyam is a registered public charitable foundation that has been working on safe and sustainable water for the last 15 years. It has 3 focus areas of intervention in water – groundwater, springs and water quality. All the 3 areas have built up momentum and created significant impact. But the need is to do much, much more- quicker, cheaper and better. This new approach, disrupting the way we think about how social welfare organizations bring about change, at scale. The big thinkers, and the best minds are coming together to transform the way change can happen in social sector. This is the beginning of a transformational journey and you now have a chance to actively shape its evolution. Arghyam’s mission is to "Strengthen the ability of the ecosystem to enable water security for 100 million people by 2023".
This will be a collaborative effort and is the foundation for our evolving ForWater societal platform approach which will be focused on developing digital tools and infrastructure to enable the ecosystem players (Community members, Civil Society organizations, Government, Research organizations and Funders) to access knowledge, data and services. These tools will help them focus on solving the water problem locally while leveraging the technology to perform their work more efficiently, effectively with higher visibility and accountability.
The beneficiaries of the ForWater societal platform solutions will be the community members who would like to understand and solve for the water issues, the CSO’s who work closely with the community members to build capacities at various levels, the government which understands the imminent water crisis and is endorsing large community focussed water programs, the academia for research and the Funders who are playing a critical role in gap funding the needs of the ecosystem.
About the Position
Arghyam is looking for a motivated, passionate and hands on leader to work with actors in the water ecosystem to enable the scale of solutions to solve water crisis in India. She / he will have to work closely with a cross section of actors such as civil society members, experts, governments, donors, design thinkers and others.
Specifically, the leader is responsible for evangelising the societal platform thinking within the sector to solve water issues at scale, build engagement and partnerships for co-creating solutions and influence public policies/ programmes and investments on water.
Role of the Mission Leader- Ecosystem and Relationships at Arghyam
- Relationship management with key stakeholders of the water ecosystem- Govt, community service organizations, research institutions, foundations, etc
- Networking, continuously engage with all actors of the ecosystem to be aware of trends, challenges, risks and opportunities
- Invite, welcome and engage with new members
- Assist in constructing appropriate contracts/MoU’s with partners for engagement
- Awareness raising, continuous education and storytelling on ecosystem activity
- Spot opportunities, match resources to individuals and entities appropriately
- Measure and report on ecosystem health
- Act as translators, diplomats and negotiators among different actors of the ecosystem
- Show visible care and empathy for the development and progress of communities
- Bring a mindset of collaboration, tenacity and benevolent leadership
Skills and Qualifications
- Pattern recognition
- Systems thinking
- Facilitation and presentation skills, public speaking
- Govt relationships
- Confident of thriving in states of uncertainty
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public policy, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field.
- Minimum 8-10 years partnership building experience, at least some of this in the not for profit sector
- Understanding of the water sector is a bonus
- Willingness to travel extensively
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience and abilities.
Last Date of Application: 7 th September 2020
To apply for this post, please e-mail your updated resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a mandatory subject line “Application for the post of Mission Leader-Ecosystem and Relationships”.