The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
About the Fellowship
ICIMOD is introducing this seminal Fellowship programme that focuses on Northeast India which is not only extremely rich in biodiversity resources, but also lies in the frontline of climate change and natural hazards.
Eligibility for journalists
- With 3 to 5 years of professional experience from the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, and Sikkim in Northeast India.
- Working for any mainstream media - print, broadcast, or web/ online
- Working in non-English media are welcome to apply, but must indicate proficiency in English, as English is the working language of the Fellowship.
- Should have a demonstrated commitment to career in journalism and should have covered environmental issues in past.
Value of the Fellowship
- Value of the Fellowship, inclusive of honorarium, travel, research, and contingency grant is USD 600
- 75% of the grant will be disbursed in advance and 25% on completion and submission of story
- Successful fellows must publish/broadcast at least 3 products in English language or local language
How to apply
Send in your application with the following details to email@example.com
- A cover letter with updated curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages).
- A concise description of your intended project (maximum 2 pages) based on the selected themes/ topics.
- Choose themes/ topics and project sites from Annex 1: ICIMOD Working Areas in Northeast India (Download Form from below)
- A short project timeline including associated travel/research and publication/ broadcast of stories (should not exceed 3 months).
- Two recent articles on climate change and sustainable development (including title, date of publication/ broadcast, web link to the stories).
- A signed and stamped letter from the editor of a reputed newspaper/ radio / TV / web-based publication indicating an interest to use your stories.
- Two references with contact details of the referees.
For more information, please click here