National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee (an autonomous institution under Ministry of Water Resources, RD & GR- Govt of India) intends to hire a qualified and experienced professional as Documentation, Communication and Outreach Specialist on long-term consultancy basis up to 24 months. The consultant will be selected in accordance with the provisions of General Financial Rules 2017 (Govt. of India).
Interested individuals may submit their proposal of interest along with a copy of their CV, educational documents, experience certificates, and a passport-size photograph, latest by 11/09/2017. The remuneration shall be offered on the basis of qualification and experience. Only shortlisted candidates may be called for an interview.
- Post-graduate degree in Sciences/Engg./Journalism/Mass Communication/ Library and Information Sciences of a recognized University with minimum 60% marks/equivalent grade.
- Persons with higher/additional qualifications, research experience, publications, and post qualification experience in documentation and outreach activities would be preferred.
Experience and Age
- Maximum age limit is 55 years as on 31st August 2017.
- Minimum 5 years of post qualification experience in the requisite field.
- Candidate should possess excellent writing and speaking skills in both English and Hindi.
- Candidate should be well versed in the latest electronic publishing and graphics methods.
- Proficiency in usage of computers for documentation, reporting, communication and outreach work.
Terms of Reference (Job Profile / Role & Responsibilities)
- Organize, manage and supervise the activities of Documentation, Public Information and Outreach activities of the Institute. Activities include:
- Preparation of Annual Report, Gist of Studies, Newsletter and other such documents and knowledge products,
- Preparation of pamphlets, flyers, fact-sheets, policy papers, etc.,
- Preparation of press releases for events and activities in the Institute,
- Preparation of reports and stories of the projects underway/completed in the Institute,
- Management of Institute’s publications and data repository,
- Dissemination of Institute’s research through publications, including regular updates on Institute’s website, public engagement, media coverage, organization of exhibitions at different national events.
- Any other tasks assigned by the competent authority.
The proposal should be reach to Senior Administrative Officer, National Institute of Hydrology, Jal Vigyan Bhawan, Roorkee-247667 (Uttarakhand) (latest by 11/09/2017).
Download the invitation of proposal from below.