Organizer: Centre for Environmental Science and Technology
Venue: Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
The Centre for Environmental Science & Technology (CEST) is an interdisciplinary university centre, established in the Faculty of Science to coordinate environmental programmes of the Banaras Hindu University and transfer appropriate eco-friendly technologies for sustainable development.
National Conference on River Ganga Basin Management: Issues and Challenges is scheduled to be held at the Banaras Hindu University, India, January 9-11, 2012. The aim of the conference is to provide common platform to the Environmentalists, Researchers, Students, Faculty members, Technocrats, Socioeconomic experts, Policy makers, Industrial managers and NGOs etc. to discuss issues and challenges related to sustainable development River Ganga Basin management.
Programme will include invited guest lectures and presentations in the following areas:
- Pollution and its management
- Water, air, soil, sediment, noise, radioactivity pollution: impact, management and related technologies (biotechnology, microbiology, nanotechnology, GIS, GPS, RS, Sensor technology, phytoremediation, Bioremediation, photo catalysis etc.)
- Natural resources and agricultural management
- Forests, mining, water resources; water shed management, Flood and Drought management, biodiversity,
- Ecosystem health of river Ganga and its tributaries
- Climate change and global warming : impact on Ganga basin
- River Ganga valley and basin management
- Socio-economic, cultural, geological, geographical, demographical and hydrological importance of river Ganga: Challenges and management.
- Role of Institutions, Government and non government bodies.
- Policy, governance and implementation.
Participants are expected to register on or before November 15, 2011, by sending the requisite fee in form of DD in favour of the Organizing Director, River Ganga Basin Management: Issues and Challenges along with request for accommodation, if required. Invited Speakers may register on arrival for the congress.
Schedule of events:
November 15, 2011 Deadline for receipt of abstracts (accepted abstracts will be informed through e-mail)
November 30, 2011 Deadline for submission of full papers
December 15, 2011 Distribution of final announcement
January 9-11, 2012 Conference
Prof. B. D. Tripathi
Organizing Director – ICRGBM
Centre for Environmental Science and Technology
Banaras Hindu University,
Varanasi – 221005