About the event:
Dialogue Highway, a Chandigarh-based Trust will host an international dialogue on Himalayan Ecology in collaboration with the Centre of Research on Himalayan Sustainability and Development, Shoolini University, Solan, Himachal Pradesh. Around 50 delegates, including five distinguished experts from international institutes, are expected to deliberate on various aspects of Himalayan ecology. The two-day dialogue will be inaugurated by Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh while chairman of the National Green Tribunal, Justice Swatantra Kumar, will be the chief guest.
Other delegates include:
- Food policy expert Devinder Sharma
- Justice Surya Kant of the Punjab & Haryana High Court
- Rajan Kotru of the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD), Kathmandu
- Genevieve Ancel from Dialogue-en-Humanite, Paris
- Anand Sharma, Deputy Director General of Indian Meteorological Department
- Padma Shree Anil Joshi of Himalayan Environmental Studies and Conservation
- Dr Shekhar Pathak from People's Association for Himalaya Area Research (PAHAR), Nainital
- Shibu Nair of Zero-Waste Himalaya Network, Kerala
- Dr Arun Lal, Director, Environment, Himachal Pradesh
For more details of the event please download the attachment from below.