Content courtesy: Janhit Foundation
- Workshop on rainwater harvesting: A workshop was organised with the Rotary Club of Meerut to disseminate information about the advantages of rainwater harvesting and encourage its implementation in the city.
- Janhit Foundation and CSE promote water conservation: workshops were organised in 4 different villages to encourage farmers to conserve water using rainwater harvesting techniques. A meeting was also organised at Jalalpur to explain the techniques and advantages of rainwater harvesting to teachers from 40 diferent schools.
- India Water Forum: The organization participated in the first India Water Forum organised by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) and the Ministry of Water Resources.
- Activities on sustainable agriculture: Three exposure visits were organised to organic farms. The foundation also participated in fairs at Noida and Dilli Haat.
- Activities on environment conservation: A tree plantation drive was organised in June. The organisation also participated in a stakeholder's consultation on the occasion of the launch of UN decade on biodiversity for Asia and the Pacific. The director of the organisation visited the Capre Foundation in Australia to work collaboratively.
Download the attachment to read the entire newsletter