The primary objectives of this book are:
- To discuss as to what constitutes the true electrical power demand of our communities;
- To discuss the social, economic and environmental impacts of various conventional forms of producing electricity in the Indian context;
- To discuss India’s potential in various forms of energy resources w.r.t its natural limitations;
- To discuss the costs & benefits to our society of conventional power sources, and suitable alternatives; and
- To recommend a set of credible action plans/policies for a sustainable power policy.
The main arguments made by the author are as follows:
- The true electrical power demand in our country could be much less than the exaggerated figures given by the official agencies;
- Such legitimate demand can be met without having to add a lot of conventional power plants in the near future, and by renewable energy resources alone in the longer term; and
- The relevant technologies are already known to be techno-economically viable.
Click below to download the executive summary and full copy of the book.
Post By: Sumathi Sivam