WWF-India has been working to promote harmony between human beings and nature for more than four decades.Today, it is recognized as a premier conservation NGO in the country dealing with nature conservation, environmental protection and development-related issues. At a time when the Web of Life has come under increasing threats, WWF-India's attempts have been to find and implement solutions so that human beings can live in harmony with nature, and leave for future generations a world rich in natural resources and natural wonders.
India’s rapid economic growth is leading to new and increased conservation challenges at multiple levels. WWF India, the country’s largest conservation organization seeks to address these challenges through addressing both biodiversity conservation and humanity’s environmental footprint. WWF India’s current programme areas include Climate Change & Energy, Sustainable Forest Management, Water Resources/River Basin Management, Sustainable Agriculture, Species and Landscape Conservation, Marine and Freshwater Conservation. In addition to conservation of biodiversity through field programmes, WWF India also aims to transform the policies and practices of key industrial sectors to reduce their ecological footprint and develop innovative sustainable solutions.
We are looking for a self-motivated and dynamic individual to join us as Programme Manager–Communications. The incumbent will be a part of the River Basins & Water Policy team at WWF-Indi and will be associated with Rivers for Life, Life for Rivers – an integrated programme aimed at promoting sustainable water management in the Ganga basin. The four pillars of this integrated programme are sustainable water management, water stewardship, habitat & biodiversity conservation and climate adaptation. Close engagement with different stakeholders (communities, government and businesses) will be an integral part of the programme.
The geographical area of focus will be the upper Ganga basin and the Ramganga sub-basin.
The incumbent will lead the work on designing, developing and implementing a communications strategy for the Rivers for Life, Life for Rivers programme, which aims to reach out to millions. This position offers a unique opportunity to be a part of the highly experienced team which has done some pioneering and exciting work on biodiversity, environmental flows, industrial water footprint and climate adaptation in the basin. The incumbent will report to Director (River Basins & Water Policy).
Location: New Delhi with frequent travel to the field.
- Planning, implementing, and monitoring the communication strategy relating to Rivers for Life, Life for Rivers programme. Delivery of key messages in an effective manner through different communication channels.
- Preparation of communication summary of technical reports for various target groups such as business and industry, international community, Government, students, research and academic institutions, farmers.
- Assisting the programme team in organising and documenting conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Liaison with media and other relevant institutions and sharing of case studies, success stories in order to maximize the visibility of the programme. Preparation of media briefs, press releases, statements for both external and internal audience in accordance with the communication policies.
- Acting as focal point for all communications and managing various activities related to outreach, advocacy and awareness campaigns.
- Constructively engaging with communication teams in WWF India and the WWF network and providing regular inputs to WWF India website and social media.
- Masters degree in mass communications, journalism
- 8-10 years experience on strategic communications and campaigns
- Prior experience working with NGOs and water related issues will be an advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent inter personal skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively in English and Hindi.
- Self motivated person, able to work without close supervision
- High-level of interpersonal, diplomatic and negotiation skills.
- Ability to generate creative ideas and see them through from start to finish, often within tight deadlines
- Proven ability to interface and collaborate with internal and external partners/organisations.
- Knowledge of working with social media.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team
Will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.
Last Date for sending applications: June 30, 2012
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please write “Programme Manager –Communications” in the subject line of your e-mail/application. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only the short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Interested candidates with relevant qualifications and skills should apply, along with a cover letter (not more than 1 page) and an up-to-date CV, giving full details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references to the below address.
Director-HR & Manpower Development,
Human Resources Department
172-B, Lodi Estate,
New Delhi 110 003
Phone- 4150 4815-19
Download attachment for more details