Content courtesy: DevNetJobs
The Energy and Resource Institute (TERI) is a global research organization undertaking research in the areas of Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development. TERI was formally established in 1974 with the purpose of tackling and dealing with the immense and acute problems that mankind is likely to face within in the years ahead: On account of the gradual depletion of the earth's finite energy resources which are largely non-renewable and on account of the existing methods of their use which are polluting.
The Forestry and Biodiversity Group at TERI is involved in research, field implementation and training/capacity building in various forestry and Natural Resource Management activities, and has a strong interest in climate change issues. Click here to know more about the research activities of the group.
The researcher will be expected to:
- Work on various research assignments of the Forestry and Biodiversity Group, and will include field data collection, data analysis and report writing.
- Prepare proposals to be submitted to Ministries, bilateral and multi-lateral organizations.
- Organize seminars and capacity building programs
Research Associate/ Fellow (Sociologist)
- Masters/PhD in Sociology /Anthropology or a related discipline with 0-5 years’ experience
- Experience/strong interest in Natural Resource Management/Forestry/Biodiversity/ Livelihood issues
- Willing to travel to field locations frequently
- Willing to work towards tight deadlines
- Conversant with data analysis methods, including quantitative skills
- Strong publication record (highly desirable)
Apply by August 3, 2012
Darbari Seth Block,
New Delhi - 110 003