India Meteorological Department (IMD) invites applications for engagement of 3 Senior Research Fellows (SRFs) at different locations all over India to be recruited purely on temporary/contractual basis in the project “Forecasting Agricultural output using Space, Agrometeorology and Land based Observations (FASAL)”.
The tenure of the above posts will be up to 31.03.2018 or co-terminus with the Project. However, it may be extended further if project performance is found satisfactory by Ministry of Agriculture. SRFs will have opportunity to work with well qualified and experienced scientists of international repute at Agricultural Meteorology Division of India Meteorological Department, Pune, IMD HQ (Agromet Service Cell), New Delhi and State Meteorological Centres located all over India.
Essential Qualification: Post Graduate degree (MSc/M.Tech) in Meteorology/Environmental Sciences or MSc (Agriculture) in Agrometeorology/Agricultural Physics/Agronomy/Soil Science/Agricultural Statistics or B.Sc(Ag) with MCA in Computer Science/Computer Applications from a recognized University/Institution or B.tech in Agricultural Engineering/Computer Science/Environmental Science
Desired qualification: Candidate with knowledge or experience in meteorological data processing/remote sensing/GIS/crop simulation modelling preferred.
Walk-in interview on May 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Rs. 14000/- + HRA as per Government of India rules/Rs.18000/-+HRA as admissible for NET/GATE qualified
Age should be below 35 years for men and 40 years for women for SRF as on 01.04.2012 (age relaxation up to 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates). Further age relaxation may be given to the candidates with experience in Agrometeorology.
Procedure to apply:
- Candidate must bring his/her resume with photocopies of the following documents/ certificates duly attested by a Gazetted Officer. The application should be preferably be typewritten on a plain paper as per the proforma given below. The candidates may also use the downloadable application form.
- All degree certificates and mark sheets starting with 10th Class/HSC and up to the eligibility qualification.
- Proof of date of birth e.g. CBSE/ HSC/ SSC/ Matriculation certification.
- The number of posts to be filled may vary. The Department reserves the right to cancel the recruitment without assigning any reason.
- No correspondence will be entertained with candidates who are not selected for appointment.
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification of candidature.
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
- Affix one passport size photograph on the space provided in the application format and enclose one spare photograph inside the envelope indicated above. Append your signatures across both the photographs.
- Persons working under the Central / State Government / Public Sector Undertakings should submit their applications through proper channel.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
Office of the Head,
India Meteorological Department,
Ganesh Khind Road,
Download the attachment for more details