Content courtesy: DevNetJobsIndia
IMaCS is a consulting firm with more than 15 years of experience in executing consulting assignments across diverse sectors in India and overseas. IMaCS has been engaged by an UN Agency to provide technical assistance towards financial and human resources management for various programmes in Assam & other North-East States.
IMaCS invites applications from qualified candidates for the one position of WASH Consultant for Guwahati, Assam. The Consultant will support the implementation of the TSC programme in Assam. She/he will, provide technical guidance to Public Health Engineering Department (PHED) and other Government Departments for statewide implementation and monitoring of TSC in the State, with priority to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Programme in Tea Gardens, and also facilitate the School Sanitation & Hygiene Education (SSHE) programme. The Consultant will also provide technical support for the demonstration/ piloting of ECOSAN / Solid Liquid Waste Management (SLWM) and Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM); initiatives.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Master Degree in Social Sciences/ Environmental Science or any other relevant stream from Government recognized University.
- At least five years’ experience in rural Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and community based programming with particular reference to rural sanitation / Total Sanitation Campaign.
- Experience in capacity building of functionaries at State, District and sub District level, as well as NGOs on technical aspects of water, sanitation and community based programming.
- Experience in working with NGOs/CBOs; well-versed in rural development in the context of Panchayati Raj systems and functioning of District administration.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of sanitation with respect to technical aspects of production of sanitary toilets/ institutional toilets and urban sanitation models.
- Knowledge of UN Agency programming in WASH desirable.
- Good communication skills. Adept at negotiation and advocacy, particularly with Government administrators, engineers at State and District level and communities at field level.
- Fully computer literate and able to use word processing, spreadsheet, database, power point and internet/ e-mail software effectively (essential and non-negotiable); knowledge of AUTOCAD and GIS an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in English; knowledge of Assamese and Hindi an advantage.
- Proficient in writing Progress Reports and draft Position Papers.
- Support PHED, other concerned Departments (SSA, P&RDD, NRHM, ICDS) and NGOs to accelerate Total Sanitation Campaign (TSC) with a focus on increased sanitation access, its effective usage, addressing bottlenecks and behavior change to improve personal hygiene practices (50%)
- Support Tea Tribes & Ex-Tea Tribes Welfare Department (TTWD) and Tea Estate Management to accelerate WASH in Tea Gardens to address social exclusion by strengthening community platform within tea gardens with a focus on effective usage of sanitation facilities, behavior change pertaining to personal hygiene and water safety issues. (25%)
- Liaise with Education Department (SSA, SCERT, WASH Cell) and WSSO to promote State wide SSHE with a focus on institutional ownership, effective usage of asset created and (25%)
Initially upto December 31, 2012 (with possibility of extension based on performance review). I
Download the appliaction form below
Email duly filled application format to the below mentioned email address.
Last date to apply: January 26, 2012.
Only short-listed candidates will receive acknowledgment. There will be a written test as well as interview for the selection.
Mr. Vinay Gupta
Logix Park, 1st Floor
Tower A4 & A5, Sector-16
Phone : +(91 120) 4515 800
E-mail : email@example.com