Organiser: Centre for Science and Environment (CSE)
Venue: Anil Agarwal Green College
Centre for Science and Environment,
38, Tughlakabad Institutional Area
CSE is a public interest research and advocacy organisation based in New Delhi. CSE researches into, lobbies for and communicates the urgency of development that is both sustainable and equitable.
The objective of this programme is to build capacity and create awareness among regulators, developers, consultants, NGOs, students and academics to understand wastewater treatment process, technologies and affordable treatment options. The programme further aims at evaluating the performance and design parameters along with the applicable cost implication associated with each treatment system.
- Issues and challenges of urban and industrial wastewater treatment, conservation/ efficiency including reuse and recycle.
- Wastewater treatment technologies including advanced treatment options
- Decentralized approaches in treating urban wastewater (existing and emerging)
- Planning, designing, monitoring and inspection of wastewater treatment systems
- Proficiency on water and wastewater accounting
- Sector specific exposure on wastewater treatment and management such as construction and industrial projects (distillery, tannery, textile, refinery, power plant etc).
- Concept of zero discharge with case studies
- Issues and challenges with Common Effluent Treatment Plants and way ahead
- State of art practices for wastewater management
- Law, policy options and standards for wastewater treatment
- Hands on experience in wastewater sampling and analysis
- Lectures by experts
- Site visits to existing projects
- Practical group exercises
- Presentations by participants
- Reference materials
- Film screening
Program open to
Regulators, consultants, engineers, environment managers, NGOs, academics, and students.
- The course fee is Rs. 9900 per participant. The fee includes training material, field visit, lunch, tea/coffee and refreshments during training and field visit.
- Discounts for NGOs and students: They can avail a discount of 25% on the course fee. Discounted seats are limited and offered on first come first serve basis.
- Fellowships available for South Asian participants. Participants will get a certificate at the end of the course.
Last date for registration
July 20, 2012
Click here for more details
Centre For Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi-110 062
Senior Research Associate – Urban Water Programme
Research Associate – EIA Unit
Mobile: 9899596661, 9910496283