Organizers: Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Indian Institute of Technology Madras and Centre for Science and Environment
Venue: Indian Institute of Science,
Indian Climate Research Network is a collaboration of Centre for Science and Environment in New Delhi, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Indian Institute of Technology Madras and Indian Institute of Science in Bengaluru. The main goal of the network is to enhance capacity for climate research and action in India.
The conference will cover topics related to the scientific, technical, economic and policy aspects of climate change in South Asian countries. This event, the third in the series, intends to nurture and enhance a dedicated network of climate researchers.
This series aims to further develop the capacity of climate research and action in India by:
- Developing an arena for promoting interaction among researchers, analysts, and practitioners;
- Enhancing understanding of the current state of activities and research capabilities and thereby identifying key lacunae;
- Deepening and broadening engagement on the climate issue with a particular focus on smaller academic institutions, NGOs, and younger scholars;
- Strengthening a sense of ‘community’ among researchers;
- Exploring ways to more effectively link climate research and action programmes
Call for abstracts
We invite abstracts from faculty, students, civil society organisations and practitioners in the areas of climate science, impacts, mitigation and adaptation, and climate policy and politics. Abstracts should provide evidence of independent research and be of direct relevance to the Indian context. Selected abstracts will receive a slot for presentation and poster session. There will also be panel discussions involving invited speakers from a range of backgrounds. Submissions should include title, author affiliation(s), contact details and an abstract of up to 200 words, giving an overview of: Context, Methodology, Results and Implications.
Researchers from all over South Asia are invited to send in abstracts.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com
Abstract submission deadline: September 14, 2012
Acceptance notification: October 1, 2012
Telephone: +91 11 29955124 / +91 783 864 6929
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com