Organiser: The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE)
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
CSE is a public interest research and advocacy organisation based in New Delhi. CSE researches into, lobbies for and communicates the urgency of development that is both sustainable and equitable.
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is an important tool to inform decision - makers, regulators and stakeholders, about the possible environmental, social and economic costs of the proposed project. To be effective, it requires the active involvement of all concerned stakeholders.
- Exposure to all aspects of EIA, from its theory to the practical – such as better understanding regarding
- Better understanding of the EIA process – from screening, scoping, data collection to impact assessment as well as the role of public consultation
- Better understanding of the environmental and social impacts of the industrial and developmental projects
- Better ability to review EIA reports and identify its strengths and weaknesses
- Increased ability to play active role in post-EIA monitoring.
Rs. 9,900 (For industry, environment consultants and regulators) 50% discounts for NGOs, academicians and students)
Course duration: August 20-24, 2012
Last Date to apply: August 16, 2012
Course open for
NGOs, Regulatory Institutions (such as SPCB, state environment impact assessment authority, Environment Consultants, Students, decision makers and Industries
A certificate of participation will be awarded to all at the end of the programme.
Click here for more details
Swati Singh Sambyal,
Industry & Environment Unit,
Centre for Science and Environment,
Phone: + 91-11-29955124/ 6110, Extension: 281,/+91 9910496283
Website: www. cseindia.org