Title: Local Action with international cooperation to improve and sustain water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH) services
When: 24th – 28th July 2017
Where: Loughborough University, Loughborough, UK
A three-day conference programme initially facilitates the sharing of current experiences and emerging knowledge, through presentations, side events, exhibition and debate of peer-reviewed content. Followed by a two-day capacity development programme, comprising quality-assured workshops designed to develop skills and knowledge in priority topic areas, which have been jointly identified with sector stakeholders.
Submissions are welcomed for contributing to the following specific thematic discussions:
- The water energy nexus
- Faecal sludge management in urban contexts
- Approaches to safely manage drinking water
- WASH services in the transition from emergency to development
- Disaster risk management — implications for WASH
- How to instigate menstrual hygiene management
- How to link WASH, nutrition and health
- Achieving improved sustainability of WASH services
- Success and challenges in transboundary water management
Along with these contributions are welcomed on any aspect of WASH in emerging economies.
For call for papers and further information, visit the WEDC's website or download the invite from below.