This document is an educational booklet on water management, published by Utthan, which works towards empowering women's groups to seek clean and adequate quality of water for all.
The booklet provides background information on water as an important natural resource and the importance of protecting and maintaining the quality and quantity of this natural resource.
The details have been explained in a manner that is simple and understandable and include illustrations that are self explanatory and easy to follow.
The booklet is divided into the following sections:
- The importance of water as a natural resource
- Quantum of water on the earth
- Water pollution
- Reasons and sources of water pollution
- Pollutants in the water
- Water Sources
- Water borne diseases
- Water testing and its mechanism and importance
- Drinking water quality and standards for assessing quality
This booklet has been produced as part of a larger initiative on "Capacity building to scale-up gender sensitive, people centered, safe drinking water and sanitation program in rural Gujarat", supported by Arghyam.
Download the booklet: