This document includes the minutes of the video conference with principal investigators of Research and Development projects funded by Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation (GoI)
This document by Department of Drinking Water Supply, is on the minutes of the video conference with principal investigators of Research and Development projects funded by Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation (GoI) that was held on 20.4.2012 in Delhi. The main purpose of the conference was to review the implementation of projects and also to sort out the pending issues. 14 principal investigators participated in the conference, gave presentations and discussed about various issues in R&D projects.
The projects are as follows:
- Artificial recharge and recovery in desert harnessing surplus storm runoff for drinking water source creation
- Captive resource and groundwater sanctuary development for drinking water sources well in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh
- National seminar on rural water supply and sanitation: technological, socio-economic, health, environment and sustainability issues and poverty alleviation.
- Development of catalytic system for reduction of nitrate in drinking water.
- Design and fabrication of high capacity ceramin membrane module and arsenic removal plants for attachments to contaminated deep tube wells.
- Improvements of drinking water quality from surface water ponds by applying zero energy technologies.
- Nitrate removal in membrane bioreactors using indigenous membranes.
- Disinfection by-products formation and their management in water supplies in India.
- Groundwater and surface water remediation through bio-filters for metals and colour removal.
- Salinity and trace elements associated with water reuse in irrigated systems, process, sampling, protocol, remediation technology and site-specific management of soil and water in tannery industrial area of Kanpur and Unnao
- Remediation of chromium contaminated groundwater using ferro paticles based technology.
- Ultra filtration, membrane for arsenic, chromium and nitrate rejection.
- Design and performance evaluation of solar energy drive Ri &RF/Ro hybrid water treatment system.
- Design, development and field testing of solar based electrolytic defluoridation unit for potable water supply.
- Development of standardized design procedure and type design for small elevated service reservoirs.
- Study and set up demonstration plot for phyto-remediation techniques of water recharge in stream to hilly terrain in Nainital district, Uttarakhand.
- Development of low cost treatment of arsenic and fluoride contaminated ground water for rural communities.
- Design of manually readable and automatic readable domestic water meters suitable for rural areas.
- Evaluation and estimation of water wastage/pilferages and unaccounted water losses in two selected PWS in the state of Assam.
The document highlights the budget approved and the amount released for the projects, the main issues and the current status of all the projects. Some of it also has details of how the joint secretary has advised the principal secretaries, regarding their respective projects.
Click below to download the document.